Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Vote Today!

Yeah! Super Tuesday is finally here. I went & cast my ballot for my uncle this morning. I must say it is really fun to cast a ballot for president for a member of your family. I felt like shouting out to everyone in there & skipping out. I know, silly, but it was fun to get the chance. Probably the only chance I will ever get to vote for someone I know & am related to in a presidential race.

It's the last day to have hope for my uncle in this race. I still do have a little of it. I am glued to the TV even though nothing will be reported for hours. One VERY frustrating thing that happened today... in West Virginia they had a State GOP convention where the delegates met & voted for their candidates. In the first round, Mitt was in first place, likely going to win it. Ron Paul did not receive enough votes & was eliminated, but nobody received 50% of the vote, which was the determining factor. So they eliminated Paul & voted again between the three remaining candidates-Romney, Huckabee, & McCain. Well, Huckabee took it in the 2nd round because all of the McCain supporters went to Huckabee, putting him ahead. They said when talking to the McCain supporters that it came from McCain Headquarters if he was in 3rd place, to send all of his delegates over to Huckabee so Romney would not get awarded the delegates. How shady is that??

Recent polls are showing Romney ahead or tied in California & in Georgia. Those are 2 very important states in the process. He will most likely take MA, ID, UT, CO as well. We'll see. Only time will tell. It's nice seeing people finally start to back Romney on TV & talk radio. The conservatives are really coming out for Mitt now.

Just know that today my every waking moment is focused on this race & every detail of it. Be sure to vote today & to spread to word to friends & family to get out & vote today as well (If your state is voting today). You think I am bad, you should see my Dad. I think he's going to go into a state of depression tomorrow.

5 comments:

Hayley said...

ug. i'm so frustrated. my car was dead this morning, so i didn't get over to vote. and i have a meeting tonight. and i have to rely on other people to drive me home. so i will probably not get to vote. i'm so mad!!!

Kendra Leigh said...

So I go into the school where I have to vote. I check in at the table. I walk into the booth. It's really old-school. You have to move this red lever from left to right in order to "VOTE" and then you have to move a little switch to reveal an "X" next to the candidate you want. Then you move the big red lever back to the left to record your vote. So, I try to mark my "X" and the switch won't budge! I tell them I'm having a problem and 15 minutes later (after they have checked into lots of things) they say, "Wait. Are you voting Republican or Democrat?" I have to then tell this tableful of Democrats that I am voting Republican. Turns out I was the first Republican there today! Sheesh. I guess the machine has to be set to Republican or Democrat before you can vote. Most of them took it all in stride, but I'm sure they were wondering why this lady livin' in the 'hood would EVER vote Republican.

Sorry to hear about WV.

Karyn said...

Kendra-that's so funny! That made me laugh. Sorry you didn't get to vote, Hayley. that stinks...

Schagel Family said...

I got my vote in and my dad was calling everyone to make sure they all voted. That really stinks about the McCain thing. I really hope that he does not win.

Karyn said...

They were looking at the numbers from the votes in California & in Arizona. Mitt won in both on the day of, but he lost because of the early voters...interesting, hu?