So, I like to spy on who is spying on me. I have a little map down at the bottom that shows me who visits my blog (Thanks to Jamie S.). I would like to thank you all for you support. I'd like to thank Hayley for encouraging me to start a blog. I would like to thank Camie for the fun music player I stole from her, and last but not least, (hold the applause please) thanks to all of you who also write blogs that I spy on regularly. I love reading about your lives. I only wish more of my friends would do it! I do have one question. There seems to be a regular reader in Denver. Please reveal yourself. Who is my Denver reader? All the others I can figure out. Oh...and please feel free to comment. I really like comments on my blog. Not that I am so great at leaving them myself. I will try to be better, too.
I think I am a little addicted to blogging. I have 3 blogs now. This one, my recipe one & a family one I started to keep the Davies family more connected. I read an article on yahoo the other day about internet addictions. They said they they are beginning to see it as a disorder or an illness. Then they said that they were surprised by the results of who was most addicted. It was not teens or gamers, but middle-aged women. They think it is a way for women who stay at home to feel connected to the world. It really made me laugh as I have been realizing my need for the internet lately to keep my mind occupied on things other than diapers & coloring books. It makes me happy. I like wasting time & this is a great way to do just that.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Spying
Posted by Karyn at 8:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
That's a nice simple map. I use Google Analytics for mine. It's nice because I can track daily hits to the blog. (we average about 20-25 although some of that's me logging into check comments)
I need a link to that article. I am so guilty of that... Matt would definitely say I have an addiction... We got rid of our TV in January so I wouldn't idle away so much time, and now I think the internet has filled that space. Yikes!
ha! i got a shout out. i'm glad you started a blog, too! i love being able to know what's going on in your life, more frequently! although i still say we need to get in touch in real life soon!
Yes, it is great knowing what is going on with my friends. I think I am addicted also. Oh, well.
It is funny how fast the addiction starts. I love reading everyone's blog and check them all the time so I would definately fall in the catagory. Sometimes you just need to turn the brain off for a while. :) I love the cooking blog you started, I am going to have to start planing meals from there all the stuff looks great!
Here's a link to the article I read. http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/87251
I KNOW I'm hooked! It is my connection to family/friends and makes me feel closer than the other side of the world. I get up every morning to check my emails and blogs and I usually check them a couple of times a day if there is nothing new. I signed up on facebook but only check it when I have a request for a new friend. Sad, I know.
making a comment at your request:
just so you know I was once addicted to blogging / internet also. Then I got a job where I don't have access to the internet. When we first moved to KY, I would probably get on the internet/computer 4 days a week (since we only have one computer and Lyle was hogging it all the time). Now, I am a little more efficient with being online. I love it actually! When I am alone for more than an hour, I almost get bored with the internet, because i am only used to going to certain sites (wierd I know). I am TRYING not to get creative with my interests to keep myself from being online...lol! I am crazy, I know.
YOU CAN BREAK THE ADDICTION! HA
I also like to spy on others...! I love reading my friends'blogs, it helps me get to know them and their family better. Wasn't it great tonight? Your mom gave a really wonderful lesson. The whole evening was great.
Karyn,
The Israel site link is on my blog, under Isreal trip....
Thanks for keeping an eye out for Gracie this morning. That was nice of you!
Post a Comment