I have heard a lot recently about the growth hormones in milk & the potential problems they may cause. I was concerned about starting Elsie on milk and thought maybe I should begin with the organic, hormone-free milk. I read an article saying that Wal-mart's Great Value brand milk is now hormone-free, as of March this year. I shop there fairly regularly and was excited to learn this, especially since the organic milk is 3x as much as regular milk. Here is a link to the article on Walmart's website. So for anyone that has thought or worried about it, this can help put your mind at ease. (Or am I the only one?)
Friday, June 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Thanks for the info! That is great news. I buy organic milk sometimes, but it is so expensive I don't but it unless it is on special. I think this will help out a lot. I will just have to brave our scary super wal-mart!
No you are not the only one concerned about the food we eat! I was up late last night researching things like chicory root and carageenan. I need a hobby I guess!
Post a Comment