Monday, March 30, 2009

How I spent my weekend






Friday was my Mom's birthday, so to surprise her, my family all showed up for a family work day in the yard. My Mom does all the yard wark in her huge yard. She was so happy & so touched by the work we did for her. My little sister, Krystyna, is engaged and wants to have her reception in my parent's back yard this summer. There is a lot to do to prepare for it. They had this limestone patio & stairway that has been falling apart, so we ripped it all up and hauled the rock to the street. They're going to replace it with a nice deck. We also had a huge truckload of mulch delivered that we hauled around & spread out in her yard. We were lucky the weather cooperated with us. Saturday was a georgeous day, unlike today. We were all so sore, sunburned, & tired we could barely move the next day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen sister, that was a fun and tiring weekend

Emily said...

Sat. was perfect for that. You kids are so thoughtful! I bet she loved that. I saw all the rock and wondered what it was from.

tollestrupfamily said...

Karyn - you guys are awesome. Your mom is amazing and that was such a nice thing to do for her! It's crazy that our mom's birthday is one day apart and I just found this out....