My little sister, Krystyna is getting married June 20th. I think I've mentioned that. She asked me to make her wedding cake. I am so excited & scared at the same time. I am amazed she trusts me with it. I've never made a wedding cake. I took cake decorating classes last year & have been playing with stuff for a while, but this is a big deal. I've been doing a few mini- experiment cakes to help me practice for the big day. If anyone is craving cake, just come on over, we've been throwing most of it away.
Here's what I've done so far. The peach one was just some leftover fondant I had. It's nothing like what she wants her cake to be, I just wanted to practice covering the cake. The second one is similar to what she wants her cake to look like, just a lot smaller. I made it for her bridal shower yesterday. The last shot is Krys & another sister, Mara at the bridal shower. 


4 comments:
the cake looks great! i think it will turn out beautifully.
Good luck! You're so brave to take on an endeavor like that. She obviously trusts you. You'll do a great job based on the other two cakes. So are all your siblings married now?
Wow, I am so impressed. SOmeday I will tackle cake decorating!
those cakes look great - you are talented!
Post a Comment