Thursday, September 3, 2009

Just One Day


...from my garden!


We picked all of this stuff in one afternoon. It does not include all the other stuff we already had in the fridge. Anyone want a cucumber? or 10? I can't freeze those. Seriously, though, if you live close, I can give you some yummy veggies. Just let me know. This week we have chopped & frozen tons of our veggies & fruit so we don't waste so much of it. We also made a fabulous peach raspberry crisp from the peaches on our tree. Oh, I love this time of year!

6 comments:

kidsmom said...

Here is a yummy cucumber tomato salad that I made the other day. It is from http://www.realmomkitchen.blogspot.com

Cucumber Salad

5 large cucumbers
2 Tomatoes
1/2 cup onion, minced
¾ cup vinegar
1/3 cup oil
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt or more
1 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp chopped parsley

In a 9 x 13 baking dish put half the cucumbers followed by half the tomatoes and onion. Repeat. mix together the remaining ingredients and power over layers. Let soak 6-8 hours in refrigerator stirring half way through.

Cathy said...

I am so impressed! I can't wait for peaches...in a couple of years!!

Krystyna said...

YUM!!! Good work!

Kristi said...

What amazing produce! Good work!

Sonja said...

I'm jealous, I love peaches and home grown tomatoes!!!

Michal Thompson said...

wow, you have a reallly green thumb. I do not. Can you give me some pointers! I would love for this to be me.