Monday, April 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Point Half Marathon











I did it!!! I ran a half marathon on Saturday & it was so fun. I am so happy I was able to accomplish this goal. The 3 of us (Rich, Tonya & I) all tried to stay together through the whole race which made it a lot more fun, since I am not running competitively, just for the sake of doing it... We ran it in just over 2 1/2 hours. The trail was so pretty. We ran along the Jordan River trail & through the Thanksgiving Point Gardens- with tulips in bloom, waterfalls, bunnies running by- so beautiful! Most of all, though I am so amazed that I did it! At the end, Rich turned to me & said, "who would have ever thought you would do this 3 years ago?" And he's right, I used to hate running. The cool thing is, I loved it & would definitely do it again. It motivates me to keep up on my running when I have a goal like that in sight.

Tonya was running with her iphone so she took pictures along the way. Thanks Tonya!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I have one coming up in August and I'm so excited to do it. I always get more motivated and inspired when I see my friends doing them.

Michal Thompson said...

I was gonna say- those are some good pictures and amazed you got some in action. Way to go!!!

Krystyna said...

Yay!! I am so proud of you!

Kristi said...

You are so awesome! Way to go!

The Yates Family said...

That is so awesome! Congrats on doing it!

Annie said...

Congrats Karyn!!!(and Rich and Tonya too!!) It really is a fabulous accomplishment! :) I enjoyed your pictures!! I especially like the one where you and Rich are running- he is huffing, and you are smiling! :)
Someday we will have to do a cousin race---w/ you guys, Jamie, Ashleigh, Whitney and anyone else who is game! (me too!!)

pinkelephant said...

YOU ARE WONDERFUL!!!!! Did you run the whole time?? You made it sound so beautiful that I might want to try it sometimes... maybe in 3 years. Hehehe

Jody and Dave Lindsay said...

So impressive! I'm glad it was a great experience. Congratulations on this huge accomplishment!