So I have a few goals that I have set for myself this year. I've never really been into resolutions, but last year I decided to really start doing them & working on things that I'd like to improve in myself. Last year I decided I was going to read every Ensign. There had been too many times that the month went by and my Ensign was still in the plastic...pathetic, I know. I accomplished that goal & really loved doing it. I am continuing on with that one this year. Here are a few more that I am working on this year:
Flossing my teeth more regularly (at least once a week-I have never been much of a flosser. My brother, Roderick married a dental hygenist who is also the daughter of a dentist. I try to impress her! But, I also know it's very good for you.)
Making my bed (Ok, here's my bed-making dilemma. There are a few things that stand in my way of making my bed. I love how my room looks when I make my bed, but I HATE doing it for some reason. I have discovered what some of my bed-making roadblocks are: 1. Rich & I do not share the same blanket when we sleep because apparently I am a blanket hog, so he has this extra quilt that does not match anything thrown on the bed. 2. We both use body pillows. Anyone have any tips on where to put 2 body pillows when making your bed? 3. Our bed is pushed against the wall this makes it much harder to make. 4. Brennan seems to think our bed is his own private playground & jumps on it, hides in it, brings all of his toys into it... 5. you just get back into it in a few hours anyways. But despite all of these issues I am going to try harder. Afterall, aren't aduls supposed to be the example on this one? I do it so infrequently, that Rich is actually surprised & asks if someone is coming over when I make the bed!)
Not loosing my patience & yelling at Brennan as often as I feel like yelling at him (This has been a big struggle lately. He's been really whiney & bored this winter. I think it's just because he needs more stimulation. I try not to let him watch movies very often & I'm always trying to dream up things to keep him busy. But I often loose my patience with him. I never thought of myself as impatient or much of a yeller, so I am trying to change that.)
Watching less TV- well, the writer's strike pretty much solved that one for me.
Going to the Temple once a month- Shouldn't be as hard as it seems, hu?
So that's what I am working on this year. I know we're already into March, but as I looked at my bed deciding, I figured if I wrote these goals down rather than just think about them in my head, I will be more likely to keep them.
P.S. I did decide to make my bed.
Update: after I made the bed, Brennan jumped on & said cool you made the bed. He was watching a movie in my room. I look in an hour later & the pillows are on the floor & he is under the covers...Oh well!
Monday, March 3, 2008
Making the bed & other goals
Posted by Karyn at 9:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
You know what? Every single one of your goals are things I need to work on, too. From the floss to the Ensign still being in the plastic to the making my bed. If you do it, I guess I can do it too ;-)
First,
Yay for flossing!! You need to rub off on your brother more. Second, Roderick sleeps with a body pillow too and our rule is whoever is last out of bed has to make it...he sometimes forgets that:) When I bought the body pillow I got one that matched uor bed, but you can make covers for yours to match and we put it on the bed in front of our two shams, it fits somehow once we add the smaller pilliows in front of it. Guess the body pillow thing runs in the family!! We miss you guys.
Karyn! You make me laugh! I love your goals. I am ashamed to say that there have been times when my Ensign still had the plastic on by the time the next month's came too..I am not always that bad though (I hope)
Glad you decided to make the bed.
:-)
After I made the bed...Brennan un-made it!
Haha, this post cracks me up! Just so you know, I hate to floss as well. However, I am a stickler when it comes to making the bed. I usually make it as soon as I get out of bed in the morning. But if for some reason I don't, I ALWAYS have to make it before I get in bed at night. So I make it, and 2 minutes later I get in it to go to bed. Weird, I know. And the body pillows, just put them behind all your other pillows on the bed!
i'm not a flosser either. much embarrassment around 6 month check up time. arg
also - i don't make my bed either. i don't kids unmaking it for me though. i just have to blame it on rebellion. growing up i had to make my bed everyday. but now, i'm an adult. i don't live in my dad's house & darnit, i don't have to make it. ha!
Post a Comment