If any of you have seen the movie Groundhog Day, sometimes I feel like that is my life...I wake up every day and do the exact same things over and over again. Mostly my days are an endless cycle of cleaning up toys, folding laundry, changing diapers, making bottles, mixing chocolate milk, cooking, wiping messy faces & hands, cleaning up spills, doing dishes, giving baths, reading stories & saying goodnight. I wake up each morning to my alarm clock of Elsie crying and begin again. Not that I don't love my time being a Mom- there is really nothing more rewarding in this life that I have found. I do sometimes wish for a little variety in my day.
By the way...it's April Fools Day, today. Happy Pranking.



4 comments:
I know exactly how you feel. Yesterday I was actually getting kind of down about it and decided to go look for something that I would realy love to do to spice up my life a little bit. I found some play tryouts going on at our community college and I really wanted to do it. I've missed doing theater, but I found out that the practices would be mon-thurs from 3:00-6:00. As much fun as it would be, I can't have someone watch my kids for that long for 3 months while I play around. I love my kids, and I'll just have to find something else to spice up my mundane life. Oh! I've recently decided to do sprint triathlons and duathlons. Makes me motivated to work out as well as try something new. I'm planning on doing this 12-man, 190 mile race that's made up of 3 legs for each person. I'd end up running about 3 miles, 3 different times during the race. Anyway, just something new that I decided to do just to say I've done it. Sorry for the long comment! Maybe you'd like to join me in the 12 man race???? ;-)
It sounds like the life of almost all mothers of young kids who are still at home. Let me know if you find something fun to spice up your day.
i know you're not complaining about motherhood - but just know there are some people out there who would give anything to get to stay home and be "mundane" - enjoy it while you have it, cause they also grow up way to quickly!!!
too quickly, i meant!
Post a Comment