Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Weekend

I had a busy, but nice weekend. I spent part of Thursday & Friday making a birthday cake for my neice, Hadley. My sister asked me to do a cake for her. It turned out really cute. She was having a Build-A-Bear party & wanted a teddy bear cake. Misha couldn't find a bear cake pan so I improvised. I had a magazine picture of this cake & really wanted to try it. There is a jell-o pool with little teddy grahm bears that I decorated. It was so fun. Everything is edible. I guess the kids loved it & ate every last piece of everything on the cake, but had little interest in the cake itself. Typical. But I am very glad they enjoyed it.
Saturday was Rich's birthday, and went out to dinner & a movie. It was nice to spend some time alone together. We don't get enough of it. We went to Olive Garden where they brought Rich Eggplant parmesan instead of chicken. If you know Rich at all you know this is quite disastrous. The server said- "Go ahead and eat what you want & I will bring you the chicken." Rich, with this horrified look ,said to me "I couldn't eat this if I wanted to!" He is not much of a vegetable lover. But the waiter was fabulous & packed it up as a whole take-out meal including salad & breadsticks. (Those are my 2 favorite things about the restaurant!) We went & saw the movie Leatherheads after. (Thanks to Danielle for free tickets!) I loved it. It was a really funny movie. I definitely recommend it.
Also-had a fabulous General Conference. It is always so inspiring. I was really excited about this one-with the changes. The Solemn Assembly was so neat. I don't remember doing that before, but I loved it. I TRULY love Pres. Monson. I really felt such a powerful witness of his position. It is amazing the way it all works out.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

wow karyn you did a fantastic job on that cake. Have you taken classes?

Ciara said...

oh my gosh, I love your cake! how about 5 or 6 years from now after all this moving, being poor, dental school business is over, you can give me a lesson!!!

Schagel Family said...

Awesome cake. It looks too good to eat.