Saturday, February 7, 2009

Not a fan.



This is Moon Sand.



Moon Sand is not my friend.


Brennan got it for his birthday from my Grandma. It's this sand-like substance that molds together. When my grandma was buying it, she asked a mom in the store about it. The girl told her that she likes it better than play-dough for her kids. Who was this woman and why did she do this to me? Brennan really likes playing with the stuff. I really try to talk him out of it every time he wants to. Every time he plays with it, there is about a 20 minute clean-up job required since it gets EVERYWHERE. Imagine bringing a sand box into your kitchen. I am wishing this Moon Sand could some how accidently disappear.

Do any of you have this stuff? If so, any tips would be appreciated.

6 comments:

tollestrupfamily said...

We got it for Christmas a year ago and we used it once and then I tossed it. It was not my favorite either. Can you secretly toss it?

Emily said...

I feel your pain. They advertise no mess...Ha! I made them play it outside and it would accidently get spilled on the deck or grass and you just can't clean it up from there :-)

A Gilmore Girls Fan said...

Hello there!

I found you through an old blog makeover giveaway entry. I noticed that you did not win. I am a custom blog designer, and I am offering a super sale on complete blog makeovers featuring the whole shebang (anything you want). If you sign up before the 20th of this month, it will only cost you a mere $25.50. If you get someone else to sign up, it will only cost you $20.

Please check out my portfolio at SubjectiveBeauty.com and feel free to contact me if you have any questions about my services or work at webmaster@subjectivebeauty.com.

I should also add, that you do not pay until you are 100% satisfied with your design. I rework designs as many times as needed to please the customer.

I'd love to design a special blog for you :o)

misha~sha-sha said...

Our moon sand is hiding right now. That being said, I found that if I put it into a large pan for the kids and let them play at the kitchen counter, it contained the mess and whatever ends up on the floor goes into the garbage at the end. Thus, each time they play, there is less and less until...magically, one day, it will ALL be gone!

pinkelephant said...

Actually, I don't mind it much. Well, I play with it with kids sometimes and just have fun making castles etc. In fact, my older kids play with it once in a while even. Maybe it doesn't bother me much because the kids can clean up after them. Hmmm. Sorry it doesn't work out for you...

Anonymous said...

i love moon sand. if you want it to disappear at my house that would be just fine :0).