I have a few fun things coming up in the singing arena. There is this amazing LDS artist named Jenny Phillips. She tours around & does firesides for the different churches in Utah & is holding an audition for her choir that sings with her. I am going to audition for it & see if I can get into that.
Also, this August, she is doing a workshop for singers/songwriters that I have signed up to go to. They have a bunch of different classes taught by professional musicians that should really be fun. Along with it, they are auditioning for a singer to record a song on her album. I get to do a 30 mintute session in a recording studio with Jenny Phillips. They (Jenny & Tyler Castleton, another LDS musician) are going to choose their top 10 favorites to perform in a group number & then choose their #1 favorite to record the song on the album & get paid for it. I am sure there will be some awesome singers there, so it's doubtful that I'd win, but it'll be such a cool experience. I'll learn so much.
It's always been a dream of mine to do some singing professionally. Even if I don't win anything it'll give me the opportunity to get out there & work on my voice again. It's been such a long time since I have done it-other than church choirs, so wish me luck. Also, any of my other fellow singers, check it out- it's a great opportunity!
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Singing stuff
Posted by Karyn at 1:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Karyn that is awesome! Hey, you have to use your experience from Ricks somehow, right?! That would be so cool! Good luck, I hope you make it.
You have an amazing voice. I wouldn't be at all surprised if you won something. Sounds like a great opportunity. Best of luck.
You were WONDERFUL today. Thank you so much for singing for Hadley. She loved it!
Way to go. I always remember you trying out for MOTAB, but they had no spaces in your section. You are amazing!
That sounds like an awesome opportunity! It has also been a dream of mine to do some singing professionally as well. It's too bad I don't live in Utah. Then there's also the whole in the middle of having kids right now thing too...
That will be cool, she came to our Stake a couple years ago and I wondered when she ever saw her family with all the travelling?
Post a Comment